Women have intrinsic qualities that distinguish their career happiness, success, and work style. Take our quiz to learn about your work personality!
A. What is your top priority in the workplace?
- Building rapport with your colleagues
- Exceeding expectations
- Avoiding to neglect family responsibilities
- Getting the job done
- Being emotionally intelligent
B. If you’re working with a difficult colleague, how would you handle the situation?
- Get to know the colleague better
- Talk to your manager
- Try to discuss the concerns
- Remain unbothered
- Avoid conflict
C. What do you value the most?
- Peace and tranquility
D. You would spend your vacation. . .
- Reading your favorite book at the beach
- Traveling to Cairo and climbing the Great Pyramids
- Spending quality time with family at a local park
- Checking your personal email and watching a new movie
- Calling your parents to catch-up with them
E. How do you define happiness?
- Coexistence with others
- High achievement
- Being a good wife, mother, and daughter
- Freedom to be creative and artistic
- Personal and professional network
F. On a typical workday, you’ll wear:
- Comfortable top and yoga pants
- Western business outfit
- Work appropriate sari
- Nice blouse and jeans or trousers
- Matching kurta and dupatta set
G. What quality best describes you?
- You make time to help a friend or colleague
- You have a specific standard of quality in your work
- You enjoy balancing family and work life
- You dream of the possibilities
- You are highly sensitive to other’s feelings
H. What is your most unique talent?
- Exercising discretion and regaining trust
- Proving naysayers wrong
- Juggling a million (or feels like a million) responsibilities
- Inventing new ideas or solutions to problems
- Keeping a cool head in a heated situation
I. Your biggest pet peeve is:
- Last minute cancelation of meetings
- Poor communication
- No meeting agenda
Answer Key – 5 Work Personality Styles:
- You care deeply about maintaining healthy and lasting relationships with family, friends, and colleagues. In the office, you are known for being a good motivator, giving honest feedback, and always sharing helpful advice. Connecting people in your professional network or people with mutual interests comes naturally to you. A unique quality about this personality trait is that you invest not only in your own success, but the success of others too. Highest frequency of (1) responses.
- You always go the extra mile. Whether a task involves your job responsibilities or connecting with friends, you are dependable, loyal, and trust worthy. In your work, you strive for a standard of excellence. While competition is an important characteristic for you, competing with yourself and self-improvement takes priority. A unique quality about this personality trait is a willingness to exceed the expectations of others. You see the possibilities of your own potential. Highest frequency of (2) responses.
- You strike a healthy balance of work and life responsibilities. You more than likely have children in your life, and a husband. Time management is your forte, and you’ve mastered the art of planning and being organized. More importantly, you believe in “having it all” requires making time for the important things in life, whether it’s giving a great presentation for a client or attending your child’s school function. You are superwoman! Highest frequency of (3) responses.
Dreamer and Doer
- You get the job done. Once in a while, you’ll get caught up in the details of a project or assignment and lose sight of the big picture, but quickly catch yourself and adjust your perspective or action steps. Your career personality type relates with characteristics of a giraffe: “your head in the clouds to inspire creativity and imagination, but with your feet firmly planted on the ground.” When your colleagues need help with brainstorming ideas, they will usually reach out to you for new ideas and suggestions. Highest frequency of (4) responses.
Calmer of Storms
- You are essential to any workspace environment. You have a razor sharp ability to read someone’s emotions, which allows you to be deeply empathetic. A unique quality about this personality trait is diplomatic and negotiation acumen. If you have the feeling that tensions are boiling over in the office, you are called to the mission of calming it down and moderating the process of restoring harmony. People always tell you have a special way of keeping calm in stressful situations. Highest frequency of (5) responses.
About the Author
Clara Martinez is completing a professional certification in social enterprise through IDEX Accelerator’s Global Fellowship Program in Bangalore, India. She spends her time working with a for-profit company to launch a new brand of daily hygiene products to improve hygiene and sanitation for women and girls. Clara enjoys blogging about her experiences in India, and searching for the perfect cappuccino. In the future, she hopes to pursue a career in international diplomacy.